Machine Learning Engineer
Lumen5 is an AI-powered video creation tool. Companies love Lumen5 because it allows them to produce high-quality video at scale by utilizing their existing blog content. In fact, Lumen5 is already used by over 100k companies, including enterprises like Blizzard Entertainment, Kaspersky, Oxfam, Adidas, and Yamaha.
We’re working on some very interesting technical challenges using video, NLP, and machine learning, which means we’re hiring the brightest developers.
We’re looking for a machine learning engineer with a breadth of experience, seeking a new challenge - someone who’s not afraid to think big and propose radical changes, nor of sailing the gradient sea in search of new hyperparameters.
What You’ll Do
- Design, iterate and deploy models for search ranking, query understanding, click-through rate prediction, etc.
- Brainstorm new approaches to providing better recommendations to users (media, storyboard, and scene-composition recommendations) by leveraging our internal dataset
- Work as part of a small, high-velocity team - break down information silos and switch hats if necessary
- Write high-quality, maintainable, and scalable code
- Collaborate with other developers and designers to take features all the way from ideas to something thousands of people use daily
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Proven success taking ML models from drawing board to production
- Experience working with modern ML frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised ML for regression, classification, and clustering
- Familiarity with search ranking and information retrieval
- Familiarity with topic modeling and natural language processing
- Familiarity with collaborative filtering and recommender systems
- Ability to communicate ideas concisely and engagingly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Python, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Recommendation Systems, TensorFlow, NLP, PyTorch
- Collaborate with interesting, intelligent, creative people
- Freedom in your schedule, choose your own hours
- Contribute to the future of the product - work on what you want to and what you think will have the biggest impact
- 4 weeks vacation ☀️
- A fun and social environment! Weekly team activities: board games, latte art classes, bowling, team lunches, and more
- Central Burrard Station location, minutes from our old Gastown haunt and all the best coffee shops
- Competitive compensation and benefits (healthcare, cell phone, computer, transit, Spotify)